84 views
Verified Reviewer

I purchased the Cinch Home Warranty after being approached inside Sam's Club. When I made the purchase, I specifically asked the Cinch representative if the Grinder Pump at my home was included in the warranty.

After she made a call, she explained that the Grinder Pump WAS included. The grinder pump was my only consideration when purchasing the warranty.

When I experienced problems with the grinder pump, I called Cinch immediately. Without the pump functioning properly, we can not use the bathrooms, laundry, sinks, anything associated with the plumbing. Cinch promised to have a technician at our location but it would take several days.

Cinch then collected a $120 deductible and scheduled the appointment.

On the scheduled day, Cinch's subcontractor briefly inspected the pump (2 minute inspection) and diagnosed that the entire system would have to be replaced at a cost of $8,900.00.

Cinch first denied the claim based on an original "poor initial installation" of the grinder pump. When I explained that the pump has been in place and functional since 2003, they shifted the denial to "customer tampered with the pump". Again, untrue, I don't know the first thing about grinder pumps. I simply removed the lid, for their contractor to inspect the tank.

Because that denial rationale did not hold true, they again shifted the denial to a third reason. "Grinder Pump is outside the perimeter of the foundation". Very tricky fine print and semantics relieves them of responsibility. In Texas, most residential homes do not have basements, therefore the grinder pump is attached to the foundation but outside the perimeter.

I decided to get a second opinion from my own contractor.

It actually turned out that a switch was the culprit and, in fact, not the pump. A $90.00 repair vs. $8,900.00. I paid to have the switch replaced and have had zero problems since.

I called Cinch asking for the deductible, $120.00, back due to lack of service and the misdiagnosis.

Cinch has denied the refund of the deductible. I have since canceled my home warranty subscription and moved my business to Liberty Home, which, for the same price, includes the grinder pump that is attached to the foundation but outside the perimeter.

I am surprised that with the complaints I read about Cinch that Sam's Club attaches their name and reputation to such a fraudulent company.

User's recommendation: Find a different, trustworthy company.

Preferred solution: Save others from a bad purchase..

Location: 255 Hedwig Road, Piney Point Village, Texas 77024, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Cinch Home Services Reviews