Deshaun Ili
map-marker Cartersville, Georgia

Service followup, was supposed to be today. No hear

Nothing was resolved. Did not know where water coming from. Meanwhile lower part walls wet. Professional with more knowledge needed. NOT SATISFIED!!!
Toi M Ctb

Verified Buyer

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Cinch Home Services - PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Cinch Home Services - PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - Image 2
Cinch Home Services - PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - Image 3
Cinch Home Services - PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - Image 4
Cinch Home Services - PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - Image 5

To make a long story short, this whole warranty company sucks!

It is virtually impossible to speak with anyone without agreeing to pay $120 for a service fee.

You are lucky enough to get a human being, they are barely understandable.

Customer service representatives/agents will simply lie in order to get you to place a service call.

I just paid $1120 to have two garage door springs replaced!!!

As the technician was leaving, he mentioned I needed to contact CINCH again and have them authorize a drywall repair company to come out to stop the drywall and my ceiling from falling onto my car!

The parts that were actually covered by cinch were inferior to the part that I originally had installed!

RUN RUN RUN!

Loss:
Cons:
  • All cons

User's recommendation: RUN!

Gala Mwv

| map-marker Long Beach, California

I have what you call a medical emergency which took place in the month of March. The bathroom tub along with the toilet, backed up and *** Everything spewing out I called your company and destitute

I should be reimbursed for the 500+ dollars that I had to pay out-of-pocket due to a lack of providing prompt services I explained to the technician that there was only one bathroom, and there was no way it could be used because *** was coming out of the tub and the toilet the technician did not properly provide services I called again I beg I said oh Im really need someone to come out this state too Anna that time I said well how could someone allow a person to live under such conditions? I mean, the older along was unbearable and then the kids they had to use the bathroom.

How do you tell the kid you cant use the bathroom because again, of course the same thing happened so then I called the plumber and a professional plumber and had them to unstop the top. They called you guys back and I said I need to be reimbursed for a plumber come out out-of-pocket on my end and they said to me, they couldnt do it. I said I cant believe this , what did you expect me to do? How many days more was I to wait for the medical emergency and yet you treated it like a common request?

How could you deny reimbursing me when this indeed was something that could not be ignored not only not being ignored, but it was not healthy to inhale, that stuff not just myself but the kids as well.

Your prompt attention is appreciated. Thank you.

User's recommendation: Recognize the difference between a real medical emergency. And a common request

Brandon B Alb

| map-marker Piney Point Village, Texas

Terrible Company

I purchased the Cinch Home Warranty after being approached inside Sam's Club. When I made the purchase, I specifically asked the Cinch representative if the Grinder Pump at my home was included in the warranty.

After she made a call, she explained that the Grinder Pump WAS included. The grinder pump was my only consideration when purchasing the warranty.

When I experienced problems with the grinder pump, I called Cinch immediately. Without the pump functioning properly, we can not use the bathrooms, laundry, sinks, anything associated with the plumbing. Cinch promised to have a technician at our location but it would take several days.

Cinch then collected a $120 deductible and scheduled the appointment.

On the scheduled day, Cinch's subcontractor briefly inspected the pump (2 minute inspection) and diagnosed that the entire system would have to be replaced at a cost of $8,900.00.

Cinch first denied the claim based on an original "poor initial installation" of the grinder pump. When I explained that the pump has been in place and functional since 2003, they shifted the denial to "customer tampered with the pump". Again, untrue, I don't know the first thing about grinder pumps. I simply removed the lid, for their contractor to inspect the tank.

Because that denial rationale did not hold true, they again shifted the denial to a third reason. "Grinder Pump is outside the perimeter of the foundation". Very tricky fine print and semantics relieves them of responsibility. In Texas, most residential homes do not have basements, therefore the grinder pump is attached to the foundation but outside the perimeter.

I decided to get a second opinion from my own contractor.

It actually turned out that a switch was the culprit and, in fact, not the pump. A $90.00 repair vs. $8,900.00. I paid to have the switch replaced and have had zero problems since.

I called Cinch asking for the deductible, $120.00, back due to lack of service and the misdiagnosis.

Cinch has denied the refund of the deductible. I have since canceled my home warranty subscription and moved my business to Liberty Home, which, for the same price, includes the grinder pump that is attached to the foundation but outside the perimeter.

I am surprised that with the complaints I read about Cinch that Sam's Club attaches their name and reputation to such a fraudulent company.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Save others from a bad purchase.

User's recommendation: Find a different, trustworthy company.

Michael B Ift

| map-marker Austin, Texas

Coverage refusal

In mid-2022, I contacted Cinch Home Services (Cinch) because my A/C had quit working. Cinch sent a repair technician, and it was determined that the air handler and compressor unit needed to be replaced.

We waited about six weeks for the work to be done, during which time we purchased several window units to make the home livable (not covered by Cinch).

The work was completed, and the system worked okay until about a week ago.

I called Cinch and they required an additional payment of $125 to schedule a technician to look at the system. The latest technician said that the float switch for the drain wasn't working. He told Cinch that the system had been modified, so Cinch is refusing to cover any repairs required.

The problem is that any modification was done by the previous contractor hired and contracted by Cinch.

I respectfully request that Cinch cover all repair costs to the system they contracted for and reimburse me for the $125 deductible.

Michael Broderick

michael.broderick@***.com

(512) 850-****

Loss:
Cons:
  • Many

Doreen M Huj

| map-marker Rockville, Maryland

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS LYING COMPANY

They will take your money, they will lie to you, they will not perform. When asked to give my co-pay back, they told me I should have known it was not covered.

Being a customer for over 10 years, I did not have my welcome package anymore. They do not make a habit of communicating or sending anything out yearly. They just take your money and deny service. This is not the first time but will be the last time!

You can put your monthly fee in the bank and pay for your own services. Do not use a company that will not allow you to call them. Do not use this company, they will not do what they say.

They make excuses, can't understand, will not escalate the call either. This is just a horrible company that has gotten much worse!

User's recommendation: SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Benita Goggins G

| map-marker Manheim Township, Pennsylvania

Washer repair

I placed a claim march 3rd. It is april 24th still no repair. I am pissed off. I will not continue to pay monthly for services not received. No one will call back sears technicians lie third party technicians doesn't show up.
Loss:
Pros:
  • What they cover
Cons:
  • Don not honor warranty

Preferred solution: Honor what I have been paying for a mew washer

Guest

Same problem.

Shanvi Obx

Having difficulties getting repairs.

I submitted requests that are covered under my plan and I have numerous issues getting repairs. This is the second time that I have had issues with getting repairs completed with this company.

The first was a dryer; I was told that parts to repair the dryer were on the way for 2 months and that they should be delivered to the service provider that was sent out. While the service provider was told, they would be sent directly to me. After a lot of back and forth, they were finally willing to replace the dryer. This was a clear sign that I should have been looking for a new home warranty company but because the supervisor I spoke with understood my needs, understood that I had shown patience, and made sure I got the services that I paid for, I stayed.

Now I am having issues with another service request for my air conditioning unit. First, they had no providers in my area and I had to find my own. Second, they resourced my service job out to another company, with which I can only communicate via email. After finding a provider that was a licensed and insured company (this is understandable); I had 24 hours after their visit to submit their diagnosis and cost of repairs (which was done).

The diagnosis was that the system's compressor was gone. The system would need to be replaced because it had outlived its life, and parts are hard to get. Now I am being told that I need to go back to the company to get a detailed itemized list of parts and labor.

Lastly, I have been passed around to several different representatives and even hung up on several times. I just want the service that I have paid for without having to jump through hoops to get it.

Cons:
  • Not willing to follow through on mission statement

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Doreen M Huj

| map-marker Rockville, Maryland

THEY JUST DON'T CARE

NO SERVICE PERFORMED BUT THEY COLLECTED MY COPAY. CONTRACTOR SHOWED UP AND SAID I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED IT UP IT IS NOT COVERED!

WELL THAN WHY DID YOU TAKE MY MONEY. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE REAL PEOPLE ANSWERING PHONES. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A WAY TO REACH YOU THAT IS SIMPLE. OR IS IT SO MANY ARE HATEFUL OF YOUR LYING COMPANY.

YOUR GAMES ARE DONE WE ARE DONE WITH YOU. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD---IF YOU CAN EVEN REACH A REAL PERSON THEY DENY, LIE, OVER CHARGE, DON'T EXPLAIN, DON'T CARE, LEAVE YOU ON HOLD ONCE YOU GET THROUGH AND STILL LIE ABOUT SERVICES.

WE SIGNED UP FOR SERVICE REQUEST A WEEK AGO. YOU NEVER ONCE TOLD US THIS ITEM IS NOT COVERED BE AWARE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER GIVE IT BACK!

User's recommendation: SAVE YOUR MONEY

Wynee W

| map-marker Killeen, Texas

Reimbursement/ 1divagrandma@***.com

I submitted documents for a TV that stopped working due to a thunderstorm. This happened in April. I have been getting the runaround from customer service, stating that the print was too small, there were smudges on the documents, and to send files in a PDF format. Ok, I did all of this and was told that they could not read the documents. Really?? I would appreciate someone competent looking into this. This is ridiculous. Wynee Wilson.
Brett M Kal

| map-marker Batavia, Ohio

Deposit not refunded

Paid 120 deposit, placed a call, the tech said none of it was covered, I agreed and paid his company for the service. I called to have the deposit refunded, and they refused to issue the refund.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Just call a service tech
  • Non
Cons:
  • Limited items are actually covered

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't sign up. Just pay a tech.

Elkin Fuv

| map-marker Jupiter, Florida

Horrible Experience

We have had a SEARS - CINCH Home Appliance Warranty for several years now for our high-end kitchen and laundry equipment. On January 13, 2024 we noticed the refrigerator not cooling or freezing properly, so we followed the online warranty repair request instructions, paid the deductible, and then found out their contracted service provider, REX Services, couldn't even be there until January 16th, and then only to diagnose the issue and order any necessary parts as apparently gone are the days when they dispatch a fully stocked repair vehicle and technician!

By the time somebody showed and assessed what was needed, all the hundreds of dollars worth of fresh and frozen food had spoiled and needed to be thrown-out! We waited and waited for the parts to arrive and then found out they weren't even ordered until January 25th - 9 full days after their technician was here! We continued to wait and wait and made several unanswered and unreturned calls then finally - we heard from customer service on February 2nd that some of the repair parts were not available from their preferred supplier and they decided to replace the unit instead of repairing it (even though the parts - all in-stock - could have been ordered from a different supplier). THIS IS NOW A FULL 3 WEEKS WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR!

So we look at the email with the replacement refrigerator they are allowing us to select from at HOME DEPOT - which still would need to be ordered and then a delivery date set up - and find it is just your garden-variety side-by-side refrigerator with a stainless steel front - but NOT the all side, fully-wrapped stainless steel GE PROFILE unit we have which is the center-piece of our kitchen. Totally unacceptable! So their final offer to us was a $1425.00 cash settlement on a $5000.00 refrigerator - and then no future refrigerator claims could ever be made under our warranty plan, inspite of our plan's $3000.00 refrigerator coverage maximum!

We reasonably requested a larger settlement amount for this higher-end GE PROFILE unit given our plan's coverage amount and current replacement cost but their low-ball cash or Home Depot replacement offer was our only options. Considering the money we have paid over the years for coverage, if you need to make a claim, be forewarned that we found through our unpleasant experience that the SEARS-CINCH WARRANTY as well as their contracted service provider to be UNACCEPTABLE AND BASICALLY WORTHLESS for us!

User's recommendation: Beware Of What You Are Buying Into!

map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

Poor service

They had us use a company with HORRIBLE goggle reviews, either they don't review the company's they are using or purposely choose bad company's. They don't care that the company they make you use has NO customer service. They don't call and explain when they deny the claim they just sent an email that doesn't tell ya much. This warranty plan was purchased from the person we bought our home from and we will NOT be going with them again next year and will let anyone we can know how bad this warranty company is. It is a total waste of money!

User's recommendation: Do NOT use this company

cory g Ubh

Don't get thos warranty

They don't cover much. It's been 3 weeks without AC and there's no end in sight. All they say is that they are sorry.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Tells you one thing does another
  • Takes to long for repairs

Stratton Wqc

| map-marker Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Unsatisfied Customer

I contacted Cinch to request support for an electrical issue. However, I later discovered that the issue was related to a Pepco problem.

I called Cinch twice to cancel my request and request a refund of my initial payment. The first time I spoke with someone, the call lasted more than 10 minutes, but they told me the system was down and someone would call me back. I have yet to receive a returned call. During the second call, the representative assured me that she would issue a refund, but when I asked her to email me the information, she said she couldn't.

I insisted on receiving the information in writing, and after some time, she finally agreed to send an email, but I never received it. I am still waiting to receive a refund or an email from Cinch.

Sandra O Fkf

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

This company should not be in business! Their customer service is awful. They can't or want answer your questions. They charge you a deductible in advance knowing that they are going to repair .

This company doesn't address problems or care to. They will take your money but not repair anything. DONOT GET THIS WARRANTY

User's recommendation: DON'T GET THIS WARRANTY!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article