Caydence Kao
map-marker Miami, Florida

4 months and waiting for microwave replacement installation

Don't do business with these people. They STILL have not installed the microwave replacement. They dont stand by the services they offer and you pay for

User's recommendation: Waste of money

Carmen G Osz

Verified Buyer

Horrible service

Cinch Home Services - Horrible service
Horrible experience. Had problems with sewer. Cinch sent a company in which the technician did not speak any English (Russian) and clearly did not know what he was doing. Had to hire a private company. Cinch made me pay $165 for nothing.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad service
  • Horrible customer service
  • Bad contractors

Preferred solution: Cancel my contract with them

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company

map-marker The Bronx, New York

Terrible service.

My Combi Boiler which supply both heat and hot water went out about 10:30 pm, Feb 7, 2024. Opened a Svc Order around 12 am on Feb 8, 2024 requesting a Sears Tech.

After 5 days they still couldn't assign one. It took 5 days for someone to realize that the main disp ctr didn't show me having HVAC Warranty. Additionally 24 hrs to update in their system, and to find out the nearest Sears Tech was over 1,000 miles away. Now day now day 6, assigned to HVAC company that caused a flood in 5 areas up covering my entire foot.

I've never used profanity or raised my voice, but a Supvervisor who didn't want to help name Ann hung up on me after being on the phone for 1 hr. Now 9 days still no heat or hot water and.being forced to used vendors that try to extort money from you when they arrive at your home unbeknown to Cinch to pay them outside of your Cinch contract. Now assigned to another vendor attempting to do the same and being forced by Cinch to use them.simply because they won't reassign unless their Authorization Dept noted not to unless they have their approval. I now have to wait until the next business day, no supv or that dept open on the weekend.

Cinch is horrible and so is the vendors they contract.

Where they get them from, I can't imagine. Don't walk away from this business RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

User's recommendation: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get a CInch HVAC Warranty unless your personal vendor contracts through them.

Amy G Nfd

Horrible service

A 1 star only because I cant leave a zero. They provided the worst service I have ever experienced and than charged us to cancel the account for the horrible work that there providers did. DO NOT waste your money on this warranty company.
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Service is a scam

User's recommendation: Do not waste your money

Kelley Uux

Verified Reviewer

This company is filled with liars and thieves!

We signed up with Cinch Home Service. MISTAKE!

We had a first plumbing problem. I paid $100 deductible. They sent a guy in an unmarked van. The technician going by the name (Jack Jones Plumbing) tried charging us another $220.

I called cinch home services and they explained to me that the $100 deductible (which was supposed to be my complete out-of-pocket) was a fee just to come out and see what the problem was not to fix it.

He spent 5 minutes looked at the clean outs and went back to his van.

I thought he was going to get the equipment to fix the problem, but he left and never returned! Wtf

Cinch Home Services told me Im sorry

>These people are liars and thieves buyer beware because these are bad people, a bad company and SHOULD BE AVOIDED.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Are liars

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not do business with these people! I’m not the only review saying it, I wish I looked before I bought because it was a giant mistake!

Tatiyanna Jpf
map-marker Bowie, Maryland

Refrigerator icemaker not working

We have been trying since October to get our refrigerator fixed, but Cinch has failed to live up to its warranty terms.

User's recommendation: Don’t rely on Cinch

Sylvia B Fbj

| map-marker Irving, Texas

Compliant

I signed up with this home warranty program in hope that it would help me if I ever needed it for a home problem. I contacted the warranty department on 12-15-23 for a plumbing leak under my bathroom sink.

I paid my $125 deductible and was told to make an appointment with the plumber that I was given. The plumber being Jack Jones who has done plumbing work for me before, but not through a warranty. He came to my house and looked at the sink stayed for about 45mins. and said he had to replace the plumbing and needed to get permission to go ahead with the job.

I never heard back from him or the warranty department. I called the plumber and was told my claim was denied, I then called the warranty department to get an explanation as to why it was denied. I was told because the plumbing had been modified, what ever that means. My bathroom has not been modified, it was remodeled in 2003 with new sink and plumbing.

So how do you justify it being modified if you are replacing old for new? I am not pleased with the explanation the plumber reported to the warranty department and would like a second opinion not from Jack Jones Plumbing.

P.S. I did not receive a written contact explaining what I would be entitled to.

User's recommendation: Ask questions and make sure you have a contact.

map-marker Wichita, Kansas

You are a bunch of screw ups or just plan crooked!

My plan was up for renewal May 2023. I received a letter telling me to send a check for $171.96.

So Cinch can debit my account for three months to cover the plan for a year. That comes to $515.88 per year. So I just got a letter now telling me that I owe them more money. They changed my plan and the plan period.

It was May/May, but now it is August/August. When did seven months become a year? The plan they changed me to is for a house with a basement, sump pump, attic fan, whirlpool, central vac, and a garage. Live in a double wide home.

No attic, no basement, and no garage.

My original plan covered appliances, and this new plan doesn't. This isn't the first time I've had to deal with them.

User's recommendation: Run away as fast as you can.

Sena Dpg
map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Review the repairs on my washer that is not fixed

My washer has been down since end of August, every part in this washer has been replaced numerous times, the service man is stumped it worked when he left on Thursday but not working now. Call me
Shirley L Oom

I have a question about my home warranty

My have system needs replacing and we gad to make emergency call to get it fixed but temporary solution

Preferred solution: I have questions

Jaime A Qvg

| map-marker Alton, Illinois

Placed claim 10/26 and still not completed

Placed a claim on 10/26 for a shower/tub repair- handle broke off and it will require a plumber to cut out old equipment and replace with new. This is the only shower/tub we have, and its still not fixed. I call almost every other day asking for an update just to be told its at claims and they will contact me. I have 4 children, so this has been a nightmare. Not the first time that the company has been slow to complete service requests. Thank God for the YMCA, where we have been showing for almost a month now. Do not recommend this company!!!
Juliann Swz

| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Unresolved issue with HVAC SYSTEM

I live in Oregon, I have been following up on HVAC system repair status since Apr-May time frame, finally ok'd, for an agent in VIRGINIA, I find this to be the cruelest of jokes as I continue to suffer with my COPD in the insufferable heat. Whoever said " pi...d, was not me, but I am angry and I promise you I will talk with my friend, Erin for my next step

User's recommendation: Not Cinch

Nakyia Rot
map-marker Norfolk, Virginia

Cancel my policy

DiMy refrigerator broke in June. Nit fixed as of Dec 9th 2023. Ive asked twice to cancel account and they are still pulling from my bank. NO ONE answers the phone to help and they are stealing my money.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

map-marker Newark, New Jersey

Complaint on non-warranty service and notice of small claims filing on Friday

I have received no Sears warranty service on dishwasher repair, part not available,

and now no dishwasher replacement since Nov. 15.

Not even communication as of today on decision for replacement and steps for replacement.

Besides contacting the local Better Business Bureau this week and social media, as a lawyer in addition to being the home owner customer, I plan to file on Friday a local small claims complaint against Sears Warranty company and Sears home service company for damages and plan to obtain the same dishwasher from a local appliance dealer and be compensated for this as well.

Very Truly Yours,

David Pitcher

Customer and attorney at law

Mobile phone: 301.351.0012

Guest

If you really are an attorney you should not announce your intentions. Also this is a third party complaint site.

The company will not see this.

You also posted your name and phone number. Definitely not a good idea with all the scammers out there.

David S Dtp

| map-marker Piedmont, South Carolina

Problems with air condition unit

We have tried weeks trying to get our air conditioning fixed, we have followed all direction first to set up an appointment with A&D mechanical services, we called didnt get an answer at all, never back. Second we called Cardell Mechanical services he can out, he said it was leaking he added air condition coolant lasted about two weeks, We called cinch a third time, they instructed us set up appointment with

B&J Heating and Air, out of Columbia SC we live in Piedmont South Carolina hundred miles away from where we live, he came out said he fixed the leak because the other man didnt know what he was doing.

He charged us $400 to put in air condition coolant that was not expected because we thought it was fixed. But we paid it. It did not last 10 days,it is something wrong again we cant keep phone him and paying each time he comes we already pay a co-pay $125.00 and then have to pay three or $400 for them to fix it. What are you all supposed to do?

That was the purpose of having a Home warranty service.

Once again, we call B&J heating and air. No answer hes not answering his phone.

Temperature running 96-99 degrees

We both have health problems and the heat is not helping us we have to pay to stay in a hotel this is ridiculous I will be reporting you all to the Better Business Bureau.

User's recommendation: Find a different company the warranty is not worth the papers it’s written on!!

Kelley Uux

I got screwed by these people too cinch home Service sucks.