Trini Bdo

| map-marker Bakersfield, California

Dishwasher and garbage disposal not working

No complaints! Excellent Services.Very professional!

Excellent communication! Responded back same Day

Stephie S Eat

Verified Reviewer

Service person could have killed us with their ineptitude

Cinch Home Services - Service person could have killed us with their ineptitude
Cinch Home Services - Service person could have killed us with their ineptitude - Image 2
Cinch Home Services - Service person could have killed us with their ineptitude - Image 3

Cinch contracts with Circa Services Florida LLC for plumbing repairs. We needed a hot water heater repair, which turned into a replacement.

The turnaround time was fine between Circa coming out for the estimate and then coming back for installation-about 2 weeks. We paid 764.00 out of pocket for the installation. The serviceman had difficulty taking out the old one and had no idea how to put in the new one. He disconnected our washer and dryer then told us it would be another 400.00 to reconnect them because we needed a "box" due to bring it up to code.

We declined. He left us with duct taped vents, a cut pipe, and other pieces that, "...he wasn't sure where they went". This is a natural gas water heater, so we were very concerned. Started calling other plumbers who looked at the pictures we sent and told us to immediately cut the gas and electricity for our own safety.

We spent another 507.00 to get it installed correctly and did not need a "box" for our washer or dryer. Called customer service who gave us an email to submit our 507.00 for reimbursement and (wouldn't you know) the email keeps bouncing back to us! Have filed a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General.

These people should not be in business. Either company.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run, don't walk away!

Guest

I swear I hope that you filed a lawsuit. That is beyond ridiculous and downright intellectually irresponsible.

Tommie M Ycc

Unexceptabe service

Original review Jan 23, 2023

The time it takes to address the issue and the technician leaving my site to do another job before completing my job. The communication was none existing.

I had to contact too many companies to get this resolved. I've had warranty work done before but never this complicated. The end job was fixed and look very professional. The tech knowledge was great but his communication skills need work.

I am sorry that my experience did not meet my standards. Tommie Moore

Cons:
  • Had to get someone for problems and it took 7 days to get

Preferred solution: Only one service charge. I he'd to pay two service charges and two gas charges for this trip.

User's recommendation: It's hard to get an understanding of the status of your claim.

map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Need phone number

None. I was trying to find a avenues of communication and and didnt realized what platform I was using.

ROBERT B Low

| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Whitney Electrical will not call me back

I was assigned Whitney Electrical to repair wiring at 13414 Sunfish Dr, Hudson, FL, 34667. They came out to do the repair, but didn't hook the heater to the pool back up.

Over the last 4 days, I've left them voicemails, emails, and sat on hold for over 90 minutes with no one answering. I need this item fixed and they are completely blowing me off. I would appreciate it if you would contact them and find out why they won't take care of the problem they created. Their number is 269-377-****.

My number is 402-670-****. Bob Bruhn

User's recommendation: You can't call and talk to about a previous issue with their contractors unless you pay another fee.

Anita S Kcu
map-marker Plainfield, Indiana

CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF

Cinch Home Services - CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF
Cinch Home Services - CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF - Image 2
Cinch Home Services - CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF - Image 3
Cinch Home Services - CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF - Image 4
Cinch Home Services - CLAIMS DEPT OFFERED $$ FOR WATER SOFTENER DIDN'T PAY OFF - Image 5
Original review Mar 28, 2022

Cinch Home Warranties is AWFUL and don't follow through on customer claims. They don't keep records of phone calls so they can DENY CLAIMS , they in to pay..

They charge for the Service Calls up front, then if the Service Providers they decide on are horrible or don't follow through

Since October, we tried to get our water softener repaired. No return phones, no response to the information completed online. In January 16th the bottom of our water heater blew out and blew it off the stand.. Our water softener already needed repaired .

It quit entirely. And our dishwasher, washing machine and refrigerator all needed repairs at the same time. Each of those were being affected by NO WATER SOFTENER. The service repair person was Premier LLC ALSO AWFUL!!!

HE LIES DOESN'T COMPLETE THE PAPERWORK. 5 days later Premier LLC had not written up the service calls. I called every day speaking to the Cinch claims. One morning I received a call from Claims Options, saying they couldn't get hold of contractor.

I replied" welcome to our World!" Per my husband was here less than 5 minutes. He told my husband it would take Cinch at least 7-10 for them to review our report. Problem was he didn't complete the forms properly and never wrote a claim for our Water Softener Only the Water Heater. I was told the claim was being expedited and would hear at the end of the day.

That was 1/19/ or 1/20/2022- When the claims person could not get hold of the contractor, she asked if we would be willing to accept $708 and said someone would call me the next day about the water softener since our other appliances were being affected by NO WATER SOFTENER. The next day when I was contacted by Claims , I was told they were still unable to CONTACT HIM. The claims person asked if we would accept the payout $708 for the WATER SOFTENER. I agreed because we did NOT want the Premier LLC in our home.

He lied to Cinch, wouldn't return phone calls/texts from Cinch or us. Cinch Claims dept. doesn't follow through with offers. Will look at Filing a lawsuit.

They have collected my premiums and since they took over the quality of service less than 1 star. Cinch alleged check was in the mail for Water Softener 7-10 days after I received the check for Water Heater. It is March and NOW they are telling me they made a mistake because they don't have a report from the service provider.

They knew that on Jan 20th and I have emails and texts. Claims department lies.

Anita Templeton

Loss:
Cons:
  • Not willing to follow through on mission statement
  • Worst company

Preferred solution: Water softener payout for $772. ($708 agreed to on 1/21/2022) and premiums from January- March ($203) plus the $200. I was charged for service repair /report that didn't occur.

User's recommendation: DON'T BUY CINCH HOME WARRANTY

Cinch_Relations1

Dear Anita, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and regret this is the experience you have received. We aim to provide a seamless claim experience and thank you for your valuable feedback.

We've located your account and a team member will follow up directly to address your concerns. Sincerely, Austin

Fabio S Vfe

| map-marker Olathe, Kansas

AC has been out for 14 days and counting

Loyal customer since 2013 - 9 years now. AC went out on 7-31-22.

95+ degree heat. Made a claim online, was assigned to Sears. Sears tech came out 8-2-22, recommended Compressor repair but "wasn't authorized" and needed another tech to verify issue. Said he would com 8-3-22, never showed.

After numerous calls to Cinch AND Sears, I was able to get the 2nd tech out 8-4-22. He agreed with the 1st tech's diagnosis of a compressor replacement - showed/emailed me to diagnosis and said they would order it. Came back 8-9-22. Tech (Brian) that showed up was there for 2 hours, said he was done.

I asked and he told me that yes it was replaced. Turned the AC on at 11:45am - expecting cold air. By 5:30pm the house had warmed up from 81 degrees to 88 degrees. Blowing lukewarm air at best.

Sears Tech's claimed it would take "time".

I had to call another AC company who over the phone directed me to feel the large copper pipe both inside and on the outdoor unit, which was NOT cold. Basic AC 101. Called Cinch, had another AC company sent out. In less than 30 minutes he diagnosed and showed me the leak in the condenser coil.

AND confirmed that Sears did NOT replace the compressor. I have no idea what they actually did but they didn't complete the work order. I'm not sure how those idiots thought they would get away with it since the AC didn't work...scam anyone???

Now we are on day 14, waiting on the Cinch "approval" dept to approve the condenser/unit replacement. This should have been diagnosed on the first visit on 8-2-22 but due to Cinch working with Sears it's been delayed.

We had to pay for an Airbnb the first week due to the heat - $850 out of pocket.Paid for freon that leaked out to Sears out of pocket - $227. Plus the $160 deductibe. So far we're in the hole for just under $1250 and there will be more I'm sure when it's done.

I've called numerous times throughout this process, easily over 15 hours (not exaggerating) between hold times and actually speaking to someone. Horrible to deal with.

Getting through to someone with answers is near impossible. Reps all read off the same script on answers. Terrible customer service. It's been escalated as of 8-12-22 but still no results.

AND on top of it all, because of the state we live in they will not replace the Evaporator coil ($1600 out of pocket) so we have to use a meter/different option. (I haven't seen that in any fine print yet) 9 years (almost $6,000 in paid premiums/no claims before) and this is how they treat a loyal customer. Complete joke of a company.

Stay AWAY!! They will try to wait you out until you pay out of pocket for repairs.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • All of it is a joke
  • Customer service
  • Bounced between phone numbers

Preferred solution: Our AC unit replaced as recommended by the repair/AC company, no more out of pocket costs. Stop giving us the run around. Or give us a refund of the last 9 years of premiums - 4/13 - 8-22- roughly $5600 paid for no service or resolution so far.

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Christina D Dce

| map-marker Boca Raton, Florida

Did not receive service charge refund

Still have not recieved refund even tho there was no provider in my area after a month and a half of being scheduled and no one shows up.

Did not cover look at or even provide the opportunity for my own service provider even tho they swear the offer that.

Wont let me cancel coverage due to its in my 76 year old father in laws name even tho he doesnt live here and they have no problem taking my money or my claims for a year smh

What a joke I would give them 0 stars if I could.

User's recommendation: Do not buy

Rhonda G Nni

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Pocahontas, Illinois

Unable to deliver on agreement and long wait times to speak with customer service

Cinch Home Services - Unable to deliver on agreement and long wait times to speak with...

After attempting to set up an online account (I never received the link to activate it) I waited for neatly 2 hours on hold, I was finally able to submit my service request regarding a main breaker box problem only to find my order relegated to a "procure vendor request" purgatory because they HAD NO SERVICE PROVIDERS in my area for electrical issues. After another 2 and a half hours waiting to talk to another person today only to be told they were still trying to find someone to take the job but could make no guarantees as to when that would be.

I asked if I found someone and had the repair done, could I be reimbursed and was told they could request that and if I got approved, I could have my money returned.

But them not having a service provider may or not be enough for them to grant the variance.

BTW, they require payment of your deductible (which had been raised 10%) which I don't mind, but now they have $110 of my money and I still don't have electricity. Although I do have someone coming in an hour to do the repairs. I took me ten minutes to find him.

To be fair, we used Cinch about 4 months ago to repair the over stove microwave and the furnace. And I had nothing but praise for them.

My initial calls were answered promptly, I was contacted with the service provider within the hour and the repairs done within a week.

(Neither were emergencies.)

What the fluff happened Cinch? I never got the emails to activate my customer account; I just hope I'm going to get the emails I will need to get reimbursed.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Two good encounters
Cons:
  • 2 hours on hold twice then no service providers available

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I'm so disappointed at this point. I planned to continue on with Cinch when our first year expires. It came as part of our home purchase. I would still like to have a HOW, but now, I don't think it will be Cinch.

Emily S Eju

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Austin, Texas

CINCH HOME SERVICES IS THE WORST!!

CINCH HOME SERVICES IS THE WORST!!

This is the absolute worst company I have ever worked with. I had made a two-part request with a plumber.

He partially did one job and then complained to me about how poorly he was paid by CINCH and how he wouldn't come back to finish the jobs (one job was not finished - the other job was never even begun). I spent hours on the phone on hold and then trying to make myself understood by the CINCH "customer care" team. Sometimes my call was dropped and they never called back. The last CINCH employee promised to escalate my claims but they ended up just closing my claims.

I have cancelled my contract - which cost me $100. Very expensive but considering I don't have to deal with this incompetent company, it feels like a small price to pay.

I never write reviews - but I am making an exception with CINCH and will post about my experience wherever possible. Please don't consider using CINCH

Loss:
Cons:
  • Total lack of response to problems
  • Service
  • Break contract policy-incorrect replacement-no refund

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Cinch_Relations1

Emily, We apologize that your claim experience did not meet your expectations. If you still need help with your claim please respond with your full property address so we can locate your account and reach out to you personally to assist. Thanks, Amanda

Customer R Njw

We're sorry to hear you had this experience. If you still need help with your claim, please reach out to us at erelations@***.com. Thanks, Amanda

View more comments (1)
Ileene Enl
map-marker Miami, Florida

Softener broke

Have softener thats been repaired but told it needed replaced by culligan. Been paying for this warranty n now its time I need to use it.

If its not a good one I will have to cancel my acct with Cinch. Thx James

map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Poor service

I entered an AC claim, Sear home services was the service company that Cinch home services uses. They had a technician work on the unit and he said the compressor was seized (AC had to be replaced).

Contacted Cinch and they said they had sent authorization to Sears.

Contacted Sears and they said they did not receive the authorization. They are not handling this as a professional company.

User's recommendation: Do not use this home warranty company ! very poor service !

Raymond S Ieb
map-marker Flowery Branch, Georgia

They did a terrible job of "trying" to repair my refrigerator

1. They sent Teck Squad out to do the repairs and my freezer is worse than before the so-called repair.

2. I paid over $200.00 for parts and nothing happened. The tech asked me if I had a braided hose, I did he asked to use it now my water taste like rubber.

3. Do not get hooked up with Cinch Home Warranty they are terrible.I have gone with Choice and will probably have to get them to correct the terrible job done by Cinch who bought out Total Protect which I never had a proStay away from Cinch Home Warranty

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad service

User's recommendation: Stay away from Cinch Home Warranty

Calen Ucp
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

To see if I'm enrolled.

I have not heard from you in years. You are still taking money from my account. Pls send me a brochure.

Grnga8@***.com

Michelle M Eeh

| map-marker San Ramon, California

You have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET!!!!!

I have not been able to get my AC repaired for a month now!!!!! Two repair men have come, one AC guy and an electrician.

As it turns out the wiring is not the problem. I have been trying to contact a LIVE person in what you call "customer service" for over a week now with no luck. I sit on hold for (20) minutes and get cut off. I have been a customer for (14) years and i am ready to cancel my membership and contract with someone else.

I am also going to report you to the BBB in both Florida and California.

Your "automated" service is a piece of crap with outdated information. I WANT A CALL BACK FROM A REAL PERSON!

Pros:
  • Low monthly cost
Cons:
  • Total lack of response to problems
  • Bounced between phone numbers
  • Service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else!

Cinch_Relations1

Michelle, We apologize that your claim experience did not meet your expectations. If you still need help with your claim please respond with your full property address so we can locate your account and reach out to you personally to assist. Thanks, Amanda

Customer R Njw

We're sorry to hear you had this experience. If you still need help with your claim, please reach out to us at erelations@***.com with your full property address so we can locate your account & we will reach out to you directly. Thanks, Amanda

View more comments (1)